[Cities: Skylines 2 - Maps] Stress Test - 500k Population

Stress Test - 500k Population

Hey there, city builders! If you think you've got what it takes to run a massive city, check out this Stress Test Map for Cities: Skylines 2.
We're talking about 500,000 residents.!

Here's how to import the savegame:

• Download the save file from this site.
  • Unzip the files contained in the ZIP archive to the following folder:
  • C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Colossal Order\Cities: Skylines II\Saves\[Steam ID].
  • Load the save file in the game.

Additional details to consider:

1. In case you haven't generated a save folder in Cities: Skylines 2 yet, the saves folder will not exist by default. However, you should be able to manually create it without encountering any issues.

2. When you manually navigate to the specified folder using Windows Explorer, you'll find the Users directory as the primary corresponding folder. The AppData folder is not visible by default. To make it visible, you must enable the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" option in the Explorer or folder settings found in the "View" tab.

3. The final subdirectory with your Steam ID as its name is automatically generated the first time you save a game in Cities: Skylines 2. If you wish to locate your Steam ID beforehand, click on your profile name in the upper right corner of the Steam client and select "Account Details." The Steam ID can be located on the new page just beneath your capitalized profile name.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd give this a shot

Gigabyte Auros450

Ryzen 5 2600x 6-core 4.1GHz

32Gb 5200 memory

RX570 8GB

M.2 SSD for C and games drive

Results to follow:

Well, 10-15fps zoomed in, >10fps zoomed out. Scroll and movement isn't any worse than with my 170K city. 

But why are all the trees in your city cartoon ones? Two colors and no leaves, just green and dark green vaguely tree-shaped blobs. 

Can't edit a post after a few minutes? Ugh.

Anyway, I got the trees to render by removing snow. Don't ask, I don't have a clue. I only know I enabled devmode and removed the snow, and everything wiggled and then the trees started popping in at better resolutions. IDK.

But anyway, your city pegs all six of my CPUs at 100% and my GPU drops to 90%. All my temps went up too, except the GPU, by at least ten degrees over my 170K city. GPU dropped by a couple of degrees.

Nice city! Mind if I turn on disasters and have some chaotic fun? Well, I don't care if you do mind, lol. 

Did you by any chance have the improved stop light running? Some of the stoplights in your city are stuck or not working at all until I remove and add one back. Weird. It might just be some deal with all my cores being at 100%. I have my game set to launch on high priority CPU usage so your city is definitely stressing my 6 4.1GHz CPUs.

EDIT: Seriously, nice city!

Edited by Zaltocleotl
  • Love 1