HookUILib + Bitdefender

Question

Hi 

My PC has Bitdefender installed and this PC protection seems to be extremely reliable, but last night it gave me the following message

...\Thunderstore Mod Manager\DataFolder\CitiesSkylines2\profiles\Default\BepInEx\plugins\Cities2Modding-HookUI\HookUILib.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.MSILHeracles.155318 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Not sure why I'm getting this now as there as been no update on HookUILib. I think there has been an update on Bitdefender, but why does it think HookUILib now has a virus attached.

I've ran a System Scan as Bitdefender suggested and it deleted

Cities2Modding-HookUI\0.3.9\HookUILib.dll

and 

CitiesSkylines2\cache\CaptainOfCoit-HookUI\0.3.5\HookUILib.dll

Any ideas why my antivirus has suddenly started thinking HookUILib has an issue.

Stuart

2 answers to this question

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to my own question, work got in the way. But Bitdefender did get back to me and after I sent them some files and stuff, they said it was a false alarm.

Should have guessed, but didn't want to risk anything. CS2 = new PC not breaking it that quick. :-)

Stuart

• Care 1