What mods would you like to see?

I want to see a gps mod for tracked people.  Basically it should show their path as a colored line from where they are at to their destination and also, always have a line to their home as well.

This guy for example should have a line of where he'll wind up at work and another connected to his home.

Screenshot (92).png

Edited by vgchat

1 hour ago, vgchat said:

I want to see a gps mod for tracked people.  Basically it should show their path as a colored line from where they are at to their destination and also, always have a line to their home as well.

This guy for example should have a line of where he'll wind up at work and another connected to his home.

Screenshot (92).png

There might be smth like this in the dev mode

• 3 weeks later...

A sand brush I spent to much time leveling a nice beach at the subwater surface level, the colors varie nicely from dark blue to turquoise.  However,  it's seems impossible to make beautiful sand. The level tool can only make it go from swampy to grassy green. The brownish sandy colors , if you get them, they will quickly wash away or can only be seen from way above.  A dream city would be surrounded by mountains and have a nice beach next to the ocean. 

• Love 1

I want a mod that removes the limit of transport used on routes.  So you can set from e. g. 1 to 30 buses/trams/trains per route.

A mod that improves the editing capabilities of transportation routes. I have tons of routes and sometimes several routes go through one road but you can't choose the needed route from all of them, it's just one line, and one route is always on the top of the others.

An ability to delete a bus/tram stop directly from the route menu. I mean delete from the route, not the actual bus stop. Because removing stops (with a right mouse click) directly from the road sometimes causes problems with other routes if you have a bunch of them at one stop or just creates a mess with your route and adds some weird lines to it.

Edited by Alexandr
  • Love 1

I had a dream....

(Bridges and Benches)

With cargo and mail system being on the backlog I decided to focus on the public transport system. There is a small annoyance there in the number of vehicles per line and the ability to set those, and if someone could make a fix for that it would be great.

But looking at the pedestrians leaving a stop or station I had a dream. It would be nice if the pedestrian bridges and tunnels were placed across a road automatically costing 4 by 4 blocks on both sides of the road. Straight bridges or tunnels auto adjusted to the width of the road.

Walking on such an easily placed bridge in my dream I looked down and noticed something else. Street furniture. One pedestrian sat down on a bench next to the pathway, another drinking water from a fountain.

Then I woke up from my daydream and looked at a subway station where 200 pedestrians flooded the streets.

I am no good with code, but I think benches would be possible cause pedestrians sit down at a bus and taxi stop, perhaps someone with skills can make a walk stop? Fountains are another thing I think and need much more coding, but other “stops” could be phonebooths, vending machines or ATMs.

I hope someone is already working on or is inspired by my dream. Easy Bridges and Tunnels would safe so much medical costs.

• Love 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:00 AM, Alexandr said:

I want a mod that removes the limit of transport used on routes.  So you can set from e. g. 1 to 30 buses/trams/trains per route.

A mod that improves the editing capabilities of transportation routes. I have tons of routes and sometimes several routes go through one road but you can't choose the needed route from all of them, it's just one line, and one route is always on the top of the others.

An ability to delete a bus/tram stop directly from the route menu. I mean delete from the route, not the actual bus stop. Because removing stops (with a right mouse click) directly from the road sometimes causes problems with other routes if you have a bunch of them at one stop or just creates a mess with your route and adds some weird lines to it.

You can choose which lines you want to see or hide in the information menu. You can remove a busstop from a line by selecting its waypoint at the stop and drag it to the road. Bus will pass the stop now, but follow the same route.  Its also a good idea to have several busstops in a row for several lines.

Change viewed.png

1 hour ago, Pablowww said:

You can choose which lines you want to see or hide in the information menu.

I know but It doesn't work in line editing mode. Which is strange.

You can remove a busstop from a line by selecting its waypoint at the stop and drag it to the road

It only works when you have one line per road. When you have more than two lines there it becomes very tricky to select the one you need for editing. Because some line is always on the top and covers the rest of them.

Its also a good idea to have several busstops in a row for several lines.

Yes, it may help a bit to differentiate lines but it doesn't solve the problem of choosing the desired line they just cover each other. And it's obviously not a good solution for metro or trains.

2 hours ago, Pablowww said:

But looking at the pedestrians leaving a stop or station I had a dream. It would be nice if the pedestrian bridges and tunnels were placed across a road automatically costing 4 by 4 blocks on both sides of the road. Straight bridges or tunnels auto adjusted to the width of the road.

It may be not too difficult for modders if one takes an underground subway station model, removes a subway station from it, and leaves just an entrance to it, then you can put two of them beside the road and connect them with a small pedestrian road underground. It works for Metro I use it now. You can make an underpass and connect it to the metro station entrance at -7.5m. It will give you two exits from the underground station on both sides of the road.

Edited by Alexandr
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Undo has to be number 1...

The road management parts of TMPE. Lane assignments, priority roads. Sad that we also don't have road naming and segment editing, CS1 had that in the base game.

Definitely more of a "nice to have" but Theme Mixer improved the feeling of immersion a lot.

Edited by ExpedientFalcon